Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Common Denominator

What do success and failure have in common? CONSISTENCY. As I observe the successes and failures in my life, in relationships around me and in organizations and businesses I can always trace it back to one thing. CONSISTENCY. I either make consistent right choices that lead to success, or I make consistent wrong decisions that lead to failure.

This is nothing new, but sometimes forgotten. I don't think people expect perfection from us, our organizations or relationships, but I do believe they expect consistency. For relationships that may mean one thing, and for businesses another but in the end the consistency is crucial in our lives and organizations.

To be consistent it doesn't mean you don't change. The consistencies should be your core, but the methods in relationships and organizations should evolve to see maximum results. What are your core values, principles or standards? Are you staying consistent with them and evolving the way you execute them?

I'd love to hear any thoughts on this.


No comments:

Post a Comment